LISA A. GOLDSTEIN
Lisa A. Goldstein
A selection of my articles are available on this subpage.
University of California, Berkeley
- Freelance Editor and Writer, October 1998-Present. Commentary and feature stories published in various publications, such as USA Today, San Francisco Chronicle, Chicago Tribune, San Diego Union-Tribune, Sacramento Bee, and Buffalo News.
- Columnist, i711.com, March
2005-2012. Technology advocacy column: Bits, Bytes, and Baudot.
- Senior Contributing Writer, iParenting Media (DisneyFamily.com), January
2002-2009. Websites and, previously, Family Energy Magazine.
- Book Reviewer, BookBrowse, October 2007-May 2008.
- Columnist, The Jewish Chronicle, January 2002-June 2003. Responsible for twice-monthly column.
- Staff Writer and Columnist, The Jewish Chronicle, September 2001-January 2002. Wrote and edited articles for weekly publication. Responsible for monthly column. Helped update Web site.
- Contributing Writer, HiP Magazine, Berkeley, CA, October 1998-May 2001. Wrote for a non-profit publication for deaf and hard-of-hearing kids, 8 to 14 years old.
- Associate Editor and Reporter, CanDo.com, Mountain View, CA, July 2000-January 2001. Responsible for disability related content. Used customized tool to edit and post stories.
- Intern, SF Gate, San Francisco, CA, June-August 1999. Responsible for breaking news, generating and rewriting stories.
- Team Leader, Client Services, Second to None, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI, August 1996-May 1998. Supervisor and editor; creator and publisher of weekly company newsletter.
- Proofreader and Editorial Assistant, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Ann Arbor, MI, Summer 1994 & 1995. Proofread legal documents and texts, processed database.
- Intern, Amherst Bee Community Newspaper, Buffalo, NY, July-August 1993. Worked with editors of the various Bee newspapers, wrote feature articles.
, Department of Journalism
, Master of Journalism, May, 2000.
, Major: English, Minor: Classics, Bachelor of Arts, May, 1995.
Advanced Studies in England
, Bath, England, affiliated with Oxford University, Spring 1994.
McClatchy Prize for In-Depth Reporting, UCB School of Journalism, 2000.
Graduate Opportunity Program Fellowship, 1998-1999.
Member of Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf, 1982-Present. Numerous state leadership positions and national committee roles, 1996-Present.
BEA Volunteer Program, Advanced Bionics, June 2009-Present.
Volunteer, Reading is Fundamental (RIF), January 2012-Present.
Advisory Board member and volunteer for the National Center on Disability and Journalism, 2001-2008.
Volunteer co-coordinator of open captioned movies at the University of Michigan, May 1996-May 1998. In charge of ordering and promoting films.
Reporter for Skidmore News, campus newspaper, 1991.
Available upon request.
Back to introduction page.
And finally, why steinsquared?