LISA A. GOLDSTEIN
Selected Publications (a small sampling)
Lisa A. Goldstein
Back to main page.
Other columns are available upon request.
- The Question No One Wants to Ask - Mt. Lebanon Magazine, LeboLife Blogs, November, 2015.
- Google Glass: Not for the Hearing Impaired - Mashable.com, August 5, 2013.
From the Truth - OpEdNews, April 12, 2013.
- 20 years after Disabilities Act, why are we still struggling? - USA Today Online, July 26, 2010. Portions quoted by Time Magazine, "Verbatim - Talking Heads" August 9, 2010.
- First Person: I went out to the movies! - Pittsburgh Post Gazette, November 14, 2009.
- First Person: I can so talk! - Pittsburgh Post Gazette, March 14, 2009.
- First Person: My two sisters - Pittsburgh Post Gazette, December 8, 2007.
- First Person: Take my call, please - Pittsburgh Post Gazette, February 24, 2007.
- Welcome to Deafland - Progressive Media Project, November 27, 2001.
- Wheelchair Opens Up New World - Progressive Media Project, Voices of Diversity, October 5, 2000. Versions printed elsewhere, including the Sacramento Bee and San Diego Union-Tribune.
- The ADA, 10 Years After -- A Partial Success - Progressive Media Project, Voices of Diversity, October 5, 2000.
- I'm Deaf, but You Shouldn't Act Dumb - San Francisco Examiner, October 10, 1999. Also in Chicago Tribune, October 14, 1999 as "Courtesy Goes Long Way with Hearing Impaired" (via New York Times Wire Service).
- If You Knew Your Child Would Be Born Deaf . . . - San Francisco Chronicle, February 1, 1999.
Other clips are available upon request.
- 'Nailed It' contender proves deaf people can do anything, even bake badly - HearingLikeMe.com, April 2018.
- The Woman Who Followed Her Conscience and Tried to Stop a War - Women Whistleblowers, April 2018.
- Addiction: What Now? - Mt. Lebanon Magazine, December 2017.
- Airlines Are Letting Old Technology Abuse Their Customers - Backchannel, May, 2017.
- Living With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - WomensHealth.com, March, 2016.
- Celiac Disease and Women - WomensHealth.com, May, 2015.
- Padma Lakshmi's Personal Cause: The Endometriosis Foundation of America - WomensHealth.com, March, 2015.
- Should Parents Let Babies Cry It Out? Two Moms and an Expert Sound Off - BabiesToday, October, 2008. Via WaybackMachine.
- The Ups and Downs of Escalators: How to Avoid Injuries with Babies and Toddlers - ToddlersToday, September 2006. Via WaybackMachine.
- All Stopped Up: Nasal Congestion in Infants - BabiesToday, March, 2005. Via WaybackMachine.
- Considering Religion: How Will You Raise Kids? - Preconception.com, January, 2005. Via WaybackMachine.
- Around the Bay: Bus, BART and Bathrooms - SF Gate, July 26, 1999.
- Captions Open Berkeley Films To Deaf Patrons - San Francisco Chronicle, November 20, 1998.
- Why LGBTQ+ Education Needs to Start Before High School - them, November, 2017.
- Art Institute student shows collection at New York Fashion Week - Pop City, February, 2015.
- 'And You Can Quote Me On That' - Michigan Today, Fall 2001.
- Nonprofit Founder Fights to Be Heard - San Francisco Chronicle, April 6, 2001. San Francisco Friday section.
- HIP Help for Kids Who Can't Hear - East Bay Magazine Unites Children Who Use Various Ways to Communicate - San Francisco Chronicle, March 31, 2000. Cover story East Bay Friday section.
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - San Francisco Chronicle, September 3, 1999. Cover story Peninsula Friday section.
Back to the main page.